Prep: 10 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Equipment: baking pan, parchment paper, rolling pin, Ziploc, microwave-safe bowl, spatula
12 ounces 340 g White Chocolate (brands like Ghirardelli/Lindt melt very well), chopped
12 ounces 340 g Dark Chocolate (>60% balances the sweetness of the white), chopped
½ cup 125 g Peppermint (use candy canes, peppermint candies, whatever works!)
¼ cup 80 g Red and Green M&M’s (festiveness!✨), whole
*Pro Tip: measure and prepare (e.g. chopping chocolate, crushing add-ins) ingredients before starting because you want the add-ins to stick to your chocolate before it hardens!
1. Line 9x12 pan with parchment paper. You can use whatever pan you find, anything down to Pyrex to a baking pan.
2. Melt dark chocolate first, as this will go on the bottom of the pan. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chopped chocolate in the microwave for 30 second intervals, mixing between heating. Keep microwaving chocolate until completely melted and smooth.
3. Pour melted chocolate into the pan, and spread out until even. Use a spatula to help spread, and then tap the pan lightly on the counter to make sure chocolate is spread out.
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 for white chocolate. Pour white chocolate over dark, spreading with a spatula for even thickness throughout.
5. Put candy canes/peppermints/Starlite mints in a Ziploc bag and using a hammer, rolling pin or meat tenderizer (get creative and take out that exam stress), crush them!
6. Sprinkle mints, and M&M’s on melted white chocolate.
7. Let chocolate harden for a minimum of 1 hour, then break the bark into pieces.
Serve and enjoy! 🎁