Sea Salt Chocolate Bark 🌰
Prep: 10 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Equipment: baking pan, parchment paper, rolling pin, Ziploc, microwave-safe bowl, spatula
12 ounces 340 g White Chocolate (brands like Ghirardelli/Lindt melt very well, chopped
12 ounces 340 g Dark Chocolate (60% or higher will balance the sweetness of the white very well! chopped
½ cup 80 g Hazelnuts
½ cup 80 g Pretzels
¼ cup 40 g Nutella, melted
1 tbsp 15 g Sea salt, as flaky you can find!
*Pro Tip: measure and prepare (e.g. chopping chocolate, crushing add-ins) ingredients before starting because you want the add-ins to stick to your chocolate before it hardens!
1. Line 9x12 pan with parchment paper. You can use whatever pan you find, anything down to Pyrex to a baking pan.
2. Melt dark chocolate first, as this will go on the bottom of the pan. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chopped chocolate in the microwave for 30 second intervals, mixing between heating. Keep microwaving chocolate until completely melted and smooth.
3. Pour melted chocolate into the pan, and spread out until even. Use a spatula to help spread, and then tap the pan lightly on the counter to make sure chocolate is spread out.
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 for white chocolate. Pour white chocolate over dark, spreading with a spatula for even thickness throughout.
5. Put hazelnuts and pretzels in a Ziploc bag and, using a hammer, rolling pin or meat tenderizer (get creative and take out that exam stress), crush them!
6. Sprinkle hazelnuts, pretzels in melted white chocolate. Drizzle Nutella on top of bark.
7. Let chocolate harden for a minimum 1 hour, then break the bark into pieces.
Serve and enjoy! 🎁